1. I have a lexicon that is uniquely my own... I use words in everyday speech like lamesauce, lame-o, homeslice, fantabulous, etc. I also use the word swell a lot (in fact, I am pretty sure sometime soon, the 1950s are going to call and ask for that word back).
2. Sometimes, I think I might want to write a book...not a serious book of course. A coffee table book of bad Christmas light displays or mullets (both of which are plentiful in Indiana).
3. I have a propensity for acquiring nicknames that have nothing to do with my real name... My nickname in high school: Wanda (no joke). My nickname in college: Yac or Yaconelli.
4. Sometimes, when I am in my house/dorm alone, I pretend to walk like the models on America's Next Top Model (which I clearly watch too much of). I am always like, "Dude, I could so nail that walk."
5. I learned to sort of dance off of YouTube. I learned the Soulja Boy dance and the modified version of Cotton Eyed Joe.
6. I once set up an obstacle course for my friends through our dormitory using the institutional furniture... It was great...
7. I love Dance Dance Revolution, but my feet are too big to fit in the middle without bumping the up or down arrow.
8. Apparently (so I have been told), my facial expressions are clear indicators to what I am feeling. For example, if I am in class and the prof says something dumb, my classmates have told me that they just love to watch my expressions.
9. I wear a size 14 in Men's shoes which translates to about a 16 in Women's. The only dress shoes that I could find a few years ago were shoes for drag queens...and clearly, something about a 9" stiletto is not going to be working out for me.
10. While on the phone for the first time with my first college roommate, she asked what kind of clothes I wore. And, I responded, "I make my own," which at the time, I did make my own shirts. I had a couple of different lines... Political Commentary Line (Save the Puffins, Are You French Canadian?), Wandacrombie, and Wandacrombie Baby (no joke, I made one for my teacher's kid). I don't think she was impressed...
11. I watched my brother cut off his hair in the front (he had a bowl cut) almost down to the scalp and I was the one who got in trouble. Makes no sense, huh? Apparently, the older one should tell the younger one not to do those sorts of things.
12. Some women buy purses, others buy shoes (which clearly isn't really an option for me)... I buy...messenger bags and backpacks...gosh, I am such a geek.
13. I say, "O.M.Gosh and W.T.Flip." Makes me laugh at myself.
yac
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
jess, you crack me up.
my quirkiness is abounding.
Post a Comment