PostSecret Favorite

Saturday, September 26, 2009

In the end, what matters?

What does it matter if I smile to those I see on the street or if I hold open the door for a stranger in lieu of the cold, distant shoulder?

What does it matter if, instead of yelling and screaming at the person behind the counter, give grace and understanding that it was simply a honest mistake?

What does it matter if I show compassion to those on the fringes of society rather than diminishing them to second-class citizens?

What does it matter if we toss the cluttered datebooks and simply live instead of wading through life?

What does it matter if love shown to others is not shown to ourselves?

What does it matter if love shown to ourselves is not shown to others?

In the end, what matters?

-BHill.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Good question. Let me know when you get your answer.